Sick Praecox

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

40galreef

Aquarium Advice Activist
I recently purchased 5 neon praecox for a newly set up 40 gallon planted tank. I put the fish in and they all looked great, except one that stayed off by itself. Sure enough, the next morning I found that fish dead on the bottom.
Now I have another fish that is acting shy, and I have noticed a lighter nose on this fish, compared to the others. I am worried that this fish will die too. I'm posting pics, let me know your opinion!

Attachments

• image-759136627.jpg
    image-759136627.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 50
  • image-2285866443.jpg
    image-2285866443.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 47
I am not sure exactly what that is. It could be an internal bacterial disease similar to false neon tetras disease maybe. Whatever it is, I am sure it came in on the fish since they are so new. Can you get myacin or furan 2?
You could try treating the water with some salt, but I have a suspicion this might take bigger guns.

absolutangel04 said:
I am not sure exactly what that is. It could be an internal bacterial disease similar to false neon tetras disease maybe. Whatever it is, I am sure it came in on the fish since they are so new. Can you get myacin or furan 2?
You could try treating the water with some salt, but I have a suspicion this might take bigger guns.

If you think it's an internal disease I think I will just see what happens. The store will give me a new fish if this one dies.

That is my best guess. I am not an expert on diseases, but there aren't any external issues I know of with those symptoms.

Back
Top Bottom