Sick Raphael Catfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aquaessence

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am pretty sure my Raphael is sick, he has a fuzzy coating over is whole body and now there are white spots I can see. I'm not sure how long they have been there, I just rearranged my tank position and lighting and noticed them. I have had him for about 8 months and have several times been concerned about cloudy eyes and a fuzzy coating, but he has never started acting weird, and it always goes away and then comes back.None of the rest of the fish in my tank seem to have any problems.

Hi,

Welcome to the forum :)

Perhaps a bacterial infection but I have included 2 links on disease identification. The tetra fungus guard in the first link will cover bacterial and fungal infections.

For thoughts on what started this, then tank water chemistry is a good place to start. Would you have any test kit results (preferably liquid based) and water change schedule (including any water temp matching)?

Tetra® Fungus Guard Freshwater Fish Fungal Infection Treatment | Fungus | PetSmart

Tropical Fish Disease Identification with pictures and cures.

Chart on Fish Diseases, Symptoms and their Treatments

I'd test water parameters first, but it initially sounds like Columnaris. I've dealt with it a few times.

2x Fungus Cure
Biochem ZORB

Back
Top Bottom