Sick RBTA - Help FAST!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tripper

Aquarium Advice Freak
I added a RBTA to my tank a few days ago that I was trying to save after seeing it in rough shape at the LFS. Soon after adding it is opened up pretty well and looked healthy. After the second night it disappeared somewhere in the tank.

I just found it a few minutes ago on the underside of some LR. The outer tentacles look ok but the inside looks horrible. Itis all white and mutilated. Is it eating itself or something? Is there anything I can do to help?????

If it is doomed, do I need to get it out now or should I let it be and hope for the best????

Please help!

not sure the right answer to this but my guess is its was to far gone when ya got him !
imo id never try to save these types of animals ! fish are another story :)

Thanks for all the suggestions . . . I had to flush him this morning before he contaminated my tank.

tripper

Sorry for your loss Tripper. I would have saved him as well, even though it can do more harm than good sometimes. :cry:

Mike

Well, I was sorry to lose him, but it doesn't look like it has had any ill effects on the tank. All my water parameters checked out fine last night, I'm running some GAC, and I'm going to do a water change tonight just to make sure.

tripper

Back
Top Bottom