Sick Tear Drop Maxima maybe ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stat

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi stats are as follows.

PH 8.0
Nitrate 0
Nitrite 0
Calc 400
Sg. 1.023
Alk 300
Tank has been up for 1 year
Lighting Marineland 2 150 MH with 4 52 watt T5's
Live rock 150-200 lbs Live rock.
2 inches Live sand in a 120 system
Temp 80 degrees

I have had the clam for 30+ days When I bought it from the LFS it was very open and responsive. When I got it home I drip accumilated for 3+ hours.
My concern is it never opens fully. Since getting it home from the LFS. See pictures below. Its still responsive when I place my hand over the lighting. It doesn't look like pinched mantle disease too me. Since Arriving home it has attached its self firmly to my live rock

One person at a LFS told me that since I had Xenia in my tank the clam would die. So at another LFS I asked about this because it just didint seem right. I was told that's not true.

Should I be worried? should I fresh water dip it?
DSCN1166.jpg

DSCN1183.jpg

Thx in advance

Attachments

• DSCN1167.jpg
    DSCN1167.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 100
I personally think it looks pretty good. The mantle is out like it`s supposed to be. It`s out just like my derasa clam.

Thx for the reply,
My concern is that the clam never opens fully they way it looks in the pictures is the way it looks you never get to see the mouth is that normal?

I have a crocea clam and it looks the same as yours (except for color). It doesnt open very much either. I also have xenias in my tank and my clam has been fine for quite a while now. When the clam needs more light, it tends to extend more so it may just be that its getting plenty of light and doesnt need more?

Id say your clam is 100% a-o-k. :p
Matt

try moving it to an area with less water flow. probalby to the entrance of the cave on the right side of you tank. the same thing happend to mine and when I moved it away from the water flow then it opened all of the way. but other than that it looks good.

It's almost better if they aren't opening fully (provided they aren't getting blasted with water and your levels are fine) Like stated above, this means they are getting all the light they need by just opening that much, making a happy clam. Cool looking clam too.

Back
Top Bottom