Silly Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TheNamelessPoet

Aquarium Advice Freak
I dont know how to look for a light. I have a 30 (possibly 29) gallon tank (going to measure when I get home but I dont THINK its a tall as its not much taller than my 20.

I need a hood and light for it and I am looking for inexpensive as possible. I need something that I can get to 4 wpg at least. I have a lot of plants I want to add and just about all require high light. I will have presurized co2 and eventualy a ph controler (not for prob a year or so down the road). I already have the CO2 setup and everything, the only think I need is the hood. I know about needing the right color bulbs I am just having some trouble figuring out how to get a hood I know can take that much wattage.

This is also going to be a HEAVILY planted tank, that eventualy has a carpet of Dwarf Baby Tears along with lots of other stuff. I am not going to complain if someone shows me a specific light but for my own knowledge how exactly do you go about searching for something like that? I may need to do it agian in a year or so for my 55 :) and I don't want to have to ask again lol.

To get to 4 wpg on that 29g I think you are going to need a T5 light fixture. I don't think you'll be able to do it any other way

Rats. What do i do just look for a 3+ bulb fixture. Also lets say i find a 2 bulb one. Can i put a say 90 watt and 30 watt bulb in or do they need to be equal wattage?

Back
Top Bottom