silver sharks and dollars with cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wheelz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have been thinking of putting cichlids in a tank with some silver dollars and silver sharks(bala sharks) is this a wise idea? I have been told that the sharks will eat smaller fish when they get older is this true as well? I am starting out and I have at the moment 6 silver dollars and 3 silver sharks. the sharks are about 2inch long and the dollars are about 3 inch from mouth to tail. if they will go with them can someone suggest types of cichlids i can go for to have a nice looking tank? I have a 652L (approx 175g) tank.

Welcome to AA :)

I would look mainly at south american cichlids like rams and angels. Maybe even keyholes, apistos, or kribs from across the globe.

Thanks mate. I have guppies and tetras also int there right now just to get the bio all happening before I go out and buy any.

The oscars would eat like kings. They'd love it. However if you want your other fish to not become "food" that's a big no on the oscars.

Oscars are aggressive and can get very large. They will eat smaller fish. I had one with a Betta and when it got bigger it ate it. Silver Dollars and Bala do well with Angels not sure about other Cichlids.

Back
Top Bottom