Silver Tipped Tetras

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ironskillet

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I bought 7 Silver Tipped Tetras about two weeks ago and after the 24 hour shock of being in a new tank was over I noticed that 2 of them started to chase the others of the same species. They are not nipping an after a little research I am assuming that these must be the 2 males of the group (orange in color) and they are trying to breed with the others (gold in color). Now that some time has gone by they are still at it and the females are taking turns hiding in the plants and decor. Is this something that is going to continue or is this just a phase? Any advice?

Thanks

55gal freshwater
7 Silver Tipped Tetras
7 Long-Finned Serpae Tetras
5 Marbled Hatchetfish
3 Panda Corys
2 Assassin Snails

Tetras are nippy fish and occasionally nip other fish. As far as breeding I'm clueless in that

I had the same problem, similar set up. My silver tips were causing havoc and the other fish just hid from them. I took them out and put them into my QT, like being put on the naughty step. My main tank was now serene; my QT a nightmare. The STs were just plain nasty and they went back to the LFS. I now have black neons, red phantoms, blood fins, harlequins and Cory's all getting along just fine.

I bought some myself the other day and noticed they were chasing each other. But I have not noticed anything aggressive yet.

Back
Top Bottom