Single Discus!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Wingman-Goose

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi, I am looking to buy a single discus that I like from a LFS! I plan on getting 7 more in about a months time but want to get this one now as I haven't seen anything else like it!

Will it be okay on it's own for a month or will it be too territorial by the time the others are bought?

Wingman-Goose said:
Hi, I am looking to buy a single discus that I like from a LFS! I plan on getting 7 more in about a months time but want to get this one now as I haven't seen anything else like it!

Will it be okay on it's own for a month or will it be too territorial by the time the others are bought?

It could get territorial so when you get the others mix up the tank so the discus will get right along and not fight for houses.

Not a good idea as discus should be kept in groups. I guarantee you that if you are in the United States I can give you contact information with sellers that will have you saying "I can't believe I almost bought that and paid the same for it." Where are you located?

Thanks for replies, I thought as much just trying to work out if there was a way to get the one discus before it goes without having to get the rest earlier than planned!

Know my man discus fish go only with discus and there water quality is so much different. But they or great fish and about 40 to 80 dollar a peace

I would say discus can be kept well with other fish without any problem as long as you choose the fish carefully! I have seen many successful tanks with discus amongst other kinds of fish!

Yeah, community fish... but still certain kinds. Between the water changes and certain aggressive fish that will nip at the colorful fins. You simply can not throw just anything in their with them... plus you need to separate fish from them for at least 2 weeks to make sure of illness and etc or itll be a waste of money and time.... your call

Back
Top Bottom