Sinibotia's & MissGurnus's various builds!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Heres where it stands.... 5$ a piece for nickel size... That pair is 100$. the fry in the pic with the parents would be the ones available i believe.... They're just nickel sized now. Not all will show the albino gene.

Sent from my LGLS991 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How much for shipping for the pair? Overnight of some kind of course...

Sent from my XT830C using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have one heck of a fish story for ya'll!

Remember how I was saving that dish full of fungused eggs for a classmate studying saprolegnia at the university?

Well, a few days ago when the rams became wigglers I put that dish in a bag with a bit of water, evacuated all the air, and left it out on the table (At room temperature- 73 degrees)

Today I brought the bag in to give to the professor working with the student on saprolegnia, and I happened to notice FREE-SWIMMERS in the bag!!! Luckily the professor has 7 fish tanks in his office and one of them happened to be empty, so we dumped them in there. Who knows if they'll survive, but WOW! Was not expecting that!

Nature is wild! Survival of the fittest..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I have one heck of a fish story for ya'll!

Remember how I was saving that dish full of fungused eggs for a classmate studying saprolegnia at the university?

Well, a few days ago when the rams became wigglers I put that dish in a bag with a bit of water, evacuated all the air, and left it out on the table (At room temperature- 73 degrees)

Today I brought the bag in to give to the professor working with the student on saprolegnia, and I happened to notice FREE-SWIMMERS in the bag!!! Luckily the professor has 7 fish tanks in his office and one of them happened to be empty, so we dumped them in there. Who knows if they'll survive, but WOW! Was not expecting that!

See? I told you not to make yourself crazy getting the dead eggs out of the Angel's spawn if it weren't easy. ;);):lol:

I had a similar occurrence. I removed a plastic plant from a breeder tank along with the breeders and just put them in a bucket of tank water while I stripped down the tank due to an excessive growth of algae. ( It was outside.) I filled up the tank with new water, threw in the plant, filter and decor and acclimated the parents back into the tank. Once they were back in the tank, they started staring at the plant so I took a closer look. :eek: There were wigglers everywhere on that plant. I didn't even know they had spawned. So you have to watch your breeders before you do things thinking they are goners. ;)(y) The parents, I'm sure, knew there were still good eggs on the plate. :whistle:

Y'know that loach book I always recommend? "Loaches: Natural History and Aquarium Care"?I went on Amazon and found out a used copy now goes for $200+! I'm almost tempted to sell my copy now!

Got some baby brine to feed the rams.... angelfish still aren't swimming yet but they're close. And everybody looks ready to spawn again!

Ahhhh..... Itll be fun watching you enter phase 2 of breeding.

Realization..... That ya need more tanks... That ya need more space.... That ya need more food.... That ya neeeeeeeeeed.

Right now we're gonna move the ram fry into a 15 gallon bin that has 7 gallons in it. The rams look like they're gonna spawn again soon so I want to free up the raft.

The angels look like they're going to spawn again as well but I don't know where to put them, so I may just try letting them pair-raise. Argh, you were right poppa! I neeeeeeed more tanks!

What little space is left....

Attachments

• 1448483591923.jpg
    1448483591923.jpg
    173.4 KB · Views: 32
Back
Top Bottom