Site Suggestion ..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grant R

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was thinking, now the site seems to be growing faster than ever and pulling in new members across a wide range of places, would it maybe be a good idea to have a 'New Members Forum' , whereby new members can introduce themself, explain a bit about their set-up and location etc.

This could also free up some space in the lounge.
What you reckon ?

I dont know about a forum to itself, but maybe someone could post a thread in the lounge entitled, "new members, introduce yourself here." I just dont think the a forum dedicated entirely to new members would see a whole lot of action.

I think you'd be surprised personally , quite a lot of forum based sites have this 'Newbie Introduction' forum and it often gives a better sense of more personal welcome and also the chance to tell existing members a bit about their set-up etc.

Yeah, I agree. At another site I visit a lot there's a forum called "The Welcome Wagon." People seem to like it. I say go for it!

-j

While both Aaron and I like the idea of the "newbie forum", we both share a concern that the site will become bogged down with too many forums. We feel that, at this time, the lounge and the getting started forums serve the same purpose. Should more need arise for a newcomer forum, Aaron and I will revisit the issue, but right now we don't feel it is warranted. We would like to thank you for the continued interest in making AA.com even better and please do not let this keep you from post more ideas, they are greatly appeceiated and are given a lot of weight in the direction of this site. Kudos to all that were involved in this thread!!!

Back
Top Bottom