Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401888801.375819.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1401888813.247539.jpg

Im going to use a straight edge and sharp knife to cut it into shape. I will make it to size to fit between the top and bottom black trims on my tank. Then hold in place with black duct tape

Fancy.. we don't use that here.. should look pretty sharp!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Sweet! No glare huh?

I think that turned out nice. Easy to remove if you change your mind and cheap.
Makes me rethink the use of the black plastic trash bag I have taped to the back of my planted tank. Not good for flash photography. I leave the back wall untouched (I don't scrape the algae) because it gives the MTS and Amano shrimp something to graze on from time to time. Besides, running an algae magnet over a not so tight plastic bag is awkward at best.

Right had a trim and a very slight rescape. Trying to merge the plant boundaries to create a more natural look. Some pictures....

DHG carpet...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402502183.456538.jpg
Ludwigia repens...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402502218.593755.jpg
Ammania bonsai...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402502254.374372.jpg
Echinoides versuvius...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402502282.626161.jpg
Star repens carpet... (Needs trimming)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402502320.037180.jpg

Looks nice and lush! I wish my bonsai looked that good.. it's just starting to regain it's health..

Full tank shot...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402502649.947002.jpg
From above...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402502686.859774.jpg
Space made today for rotala rotundifolia...
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1402502734.679055.jpg

Just need it all to grow in :)

Looks nice and lush! I wish my bonsai looked that good.. it's just starting to regain it's health..

Thanks Brookster. Im going to start experimenting with enriching my current substrate with more nutrients. Either making my own root tabs or im looking at ADA multi bottom sticks

Cool, I made the mebbid tabs and after a week my vesuvius sent out runners, looks very promising..

Check this growth out brookster. Look at the full tank shot i took one week ago...

Now look at my ludwigia and pogo erectus
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403073429.464263.jpg
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1403073454.348759.jpg

Hahaha that's a week?!? My goodness man.. that Ludwiga looks great! Better clear your weekend for trimmings..

Hahaha that's a week?!? My goodness man.. that Ludwiga looks great! Better clear your weekend for trimmings..

Unless im mistaken but the dates are on the posts and thats as the photos were taken.

This is with a pretty poor substrate. Just wait until the 'mebbid' tabs go in on the weekend lol!! Im already dedicating friday as my weekly pruning session after work!! My rotala needs a good trim already and its not been in a week!!

The power of the BML XB!!!

That's some insane growth! Must be the lights. Nice looking tank. Can't wait to see it after the DIY tabs start taking affect.
I have some recently planted pogo erectus which was grown emersed. Looks like evergreen shrub clippings. Waiting on the transition to longer, thinner stems.

That's some insane growth! Must be the lights. Nice looking tank. Can't wait to see it after the DIY tabs start taking affect.
I have some recently planted pogo erectus which was grown emersed. Looks like evergreen shrub clippings. Waiting on the transition to longer, thinner stems.

Thanks Fresh!!
You'll love that pogo when it gets going. Its my fav plant in my tank. Cant wait for the load i got in a gel pack to catch up with my original lot to create a thick bushy grouping

I like doing my maintaining on Fridays too, with a cold one of course.. I've set a series if mebbid tabs in my new tank too..it will be interesting to see how they perform in each a low and high tech setup...

I like doing my maintaining on Fridays too, with a cold one of course.. I've set a series if mebbid tabs in my new tank too..it will be interesting to see how they perform in each a low and high tech setup...

Yea that will be interesting actually. Im hoping they really help my ludwigia and ar mini colour up.

My ar mini has actually finally started growing at a decent rate too now

Mine still looks rough, the tops are looking pretty good though, think I should snip and replant? How do you maintain yours?

Back
Top Bottom