Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
He's got some top notch gbrs there..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Thanks mate. The males blue doesnt really show in the photo but hes a great looking fish. The female has a lot of black on her but her pink spot is always very vivid

Yes its AR mini. Currently my worse looking plant. Its making a comeback but its slow

Worse in what way? Slow growth, curled and distorted leaves? That is what I have been seeing with my AR mini for the last few months. After a recent rescape well over 50% were not looking good. I have scaled back on the dry ferts a bit (plant biomass was significantly reduced), stayed consistent with the daily Excel dose, recently added iron and phosphate root pellets. In the last two weeks I have seen new normal growth and the percentage of "good" looking plants has increased to from 40% to over 60%. I want to get a healthy stock going because this is an interesting addition to any planted tank and its low growth habit adds to its versatility. Good luck with your.

Yea i had signs of potassium deficiency i think. Pinholes in the leaves. Also had curled stunted leaves and a lot of old leaves got ruined with GDA.

Since the addition of the new light the growth is massively improved. I also now add dry potassium sulphate after water changes. Seems to of helped. Give it a month or so and i think my AR mini should look great

Hey guys,
About the AR mini. As you know, I've been growing it for over a year now. I had a spell of curled leaves when I was using Glut only and tried cutting the dosage to 1 ml per 10g. Also this was when I had only a 2 bulb Zoo Med T5HO. Also if one gets shadowed by crowding the shadowed plant would get some curled leaves. I seem to keep the leaves from curling with the higher light 4 bulb Aquaticlife fixture, root tabs under them, dosing the PPS phosphate mix to keep 2-3 ppm and adding 1/8th teaspoon extra of the dry K right after each WC. I add 1 ml per 10g of Kent's MG/Iron after each WC as it seems to help the red color just a bit more. Also, once they get so thick with side shoots, I'll pull them up and separate. Pull off the lowest parts that look really old and replant. It seems to give them room to put on more new leaves.
I don't claim to know the secret to them. This is just what I'm doing and so far I've avoided the CLS (curled leaf sydrome, lol). Not sure if it helps, but I also make sure they get a slight flow of water through them. I hope this will help you out. OS.

Hey guys,
About the AR mini. As you know, I've been growing it for over a year now. I had a spell of curled leaves when I was using Glut only and tried cutting the dosage to 1 ml per 10g. Also this was when I had only a 2 bulb Zoo Med T5HO. Also if one gets shadowed by crowding the shadowed plant would get some curled leaves. I seem to keep the leaves from curling with the higher light 4 bulb Aquaticlife fixture, root tabs under them, dosing the PPS phosphate mix to keep 2-3 ppm and adding 1/8th teaspoon extra of the dry K right after each WC. I add 1 ml per 10g of Kent's MG/Iron after each WC as it seems to help the red color just a bit more. Also, once they get so thick with side shoots, I'll pull them up and separate. Pull off the lowest parts that look really old and replant. It seems to give them room to put on more new leaves.
I don't claim to know the secret to them. This is just what I'm doing and so far I've avoided the CLS (curled leaf sydrome, lol). Not sure if it helps, but I also make sure they get a slight flow of water through them. I hope this will help you out. OS.

Your too advanced for me mate!! Lol

I might start adding some of my leftover seachem liquid iron to try get my red plants redder though

Can't put a price on happiness fellas.. I've wasted 100's on crap I hate.. I wish I wasted it on a sweet freaking light haha..

Can't put a price on happiness fellas.. I've wasted 100's on crap I hate.. I wish I wasted it on a sweet freaking light haha..

But then it wouldnt of been wasted! Would of been worth it lol

That's what I'm saying!!

New project for this afternoon when i get in from work is to replace my black bin liner background with something more permanent. Ive decided against painting in favour with a product called antinox. Its a thin plastic sheeting used primarily to protect floors when builders are working. Brookster you may be familiar with it??

Yah, like tar paper? I'd double check properties/toxicity. . Otherwise that will probably look great..

Hmmm not exactly. Its made out of thin plastic. Im going to stick it to the outside of the tank so no worries on toxicity

Back
Top Bottom