Sk3lly's Tank Progression

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396136121.032589.jpg
Excuse my water being heated for water change tomoz
I have a cupboard next to my tank tht holds all my fish gear. It also happens to have wall space to hang the unit and our household boiler which has a mains water cold feed. This is very handy especially when your a plumber. Already got the fittings i need from work. Theres tomorrows after water change job lined up lol

You're a plumber? Look what I just made.. It's a piece of crap:(

image-3299974587.jpg

No flow.. I'll save it for parties thus summer, fill it with gin and fresca!!!

Yea im a plumber. Haha you may not be proud of that but ive heard your pretty handy with timber. Pretty useful for aquariums

Yea im a plumber. Haha you may not be proud of that but ive heard your pretty handy with timber. Pretty useful for aquariums
I'd like to think I can make wood look nice with enough glue and nails!! So you're going to hard pipe the new rodi straight into your plumbing? I'm just curious.. I have big plans for my first house..

Yea cold feed will be hard plumbed with a simple lever valve for on/off control. Waste water for now will be in a bucket. I will only use the unit when ive got time to watch it. Eventually though i'll look into either hooking it up yo my boiler condensate pipe (not sure on legality of this here in UK. Need to check it out) or i will drop the microbore waste pipe down through the floor and into the kitchen below. I can run it in some boxing in to hide it, then have it hard plumbed into kitchen sink waste. This needs to be looked into though

Yea cold feed will be hard plumbed with a simple lever valve for on/off control. Waste water for now will be in a bucket. I will only use the unit when ive got time to watch it. Eventually though i'll look into either hooking it up yo my boiler condensate pipe (not sure on legality of this here in UK. Need to check it out) or i will drop the microbore waste pipe down through the floor and into the kitchen below. I can run it in some boxing in to hide it, then have it hard plumbed into kitchen sink waste. This needs to be looked into though
sounds great! Where's your tank? I'd like to one day have all my tanks hard plumbed with a switch to control pumps.. Ps my new bucket valve works good, just a big glob of silicone in the ball valve was all..

Hey Sk3lly. I didn't realise you had a thread going on your tank. I'm in. The tank looks great, especially the AR mini....lol

First of all brookster, my tank is beside my bed. Very calming to watch before bed lol. Its not my house so its the only place i could put one.

And thanks for following Ian. Yea im trying to keep the AR in good shape!!

Sorting my fish cupboard ready to start RODI installation

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396178931.460262.jpg

Please ignore the luminous pink lol. When i moved into this room i didnt fancy decorating inside a cupboard!!!

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396185015.940330.jpg
RODI unit wall mounted and with tubing attached. TDS meter also mounted. Will connect it to the tubing. I need a connecter to go from my incoming supply to attach to this microbore piping. A little more work on it now but i will need to finish it tomorrow

:applause: well done sir! Nothing better than a clean, organized, high tech tank supply!! I'm envious..

:applause: well done sir! Nothing better than a clean, organized, high tech tank supply!! I'm envious..

Agreed. Test solutions in one container, test tubes in another. On top of a shelf liner. Very nice. I hardly noticed the pink.
Back to the tank, nice green grass and vibrant red AR!

Agreed. Test solutions in one container, test tubes in another. On top of a shelf liner. Very nice. I hardly noticed the pink.
Back to the tank, nice green grass and vibrant red AR!

Thank you very much :) the pink reminds me of brooksters old multi coloured special rainbow effect gravel haha

Welp.. Just ruined my Sunday.. Reminded me of those 2 rogue granules still in the tank.. I'm off now to get them out..

Back
Top Bottom