skimmer for 29g bio cube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jcmelski

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 29g bio cube and currently have the skimmer made by Oceanic for it. Is there another skimmer that I can use? So far I don't like the way this skimmer is working. It's not producing enough bubbles to create any foam in the collection cup. I think the air pump is under rated for the skimmer. Does the skimmer need time to "break-in"? BTW I just got done cycling the tank and put in the skimmer. I'm getting my fish next week since it's the only time that I have off.

For a smaller tank like that I would just do PWC`s. 3 gallon PWC`s every week do just as good. IMO

change the crappy air line. it kinks and pinchs too easily. my cube has no problem producing enough bubbles... usually over produces. where did you mount the skimmer... are you sure its correct... i hung mine from the wrong place to begin with too.

-Brad

I'll try to change out the air line. I mounted the skimmer in the overflow section like the instructions show. I also removed the filter pad.
B.Sedore
Where did you mount your skimmer?

same spot but ive found it likes to float itself if you push it down and hold it for a minute it will sink itself... id really check your line to see if its kinking or pinching. maybe its in your valve aswell... also i removed the check valve.. dont know how much that has to do with it but you never know.

I'll remove the check valve also to see it that helps.

You may want to opt for sapphire skimmer for biocube. Will help keep the nutrients in your tank to a minimum and keep the water quality to a maximum

Back
Top Bottom