Skimmer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
you see the bottom black piece of acrylic that makes up the collection cup? not the neck but the actual cup, id try to get the level right around there for starters, then depending on what the skimmate looks like, adjust it up or down. I don't know if you have a smartphone but if you do, shoot a 30-45 second video of it, upload it to youtube, then post a link here.

yeah id try to get it down. it shouldn't be settling in right at the top like that. if need be I can shoot a video of mine to show you where it needs to be and what the skimmate will look like. try raising it, but id only do an inch at a time, then give it 5-10 minutes to settle in. also I wouldn't tune it with the valve wide open, because if you raise it up, then if it starts overflowing, you cant open the valve any further

you don't think its skimming a bit high?
There's something up with the water, not the skimmer. That skimmer is not overflowing. I don't know if you ever used chemiclean or something similar, but when you add it, immediately your skimmer overflows, even if it's turned all the way down. After a few water changes, it's fine again. A skimmer is just a pump that chops up air bubbles and mixes them with water. The more of this a skimmer does, the better it is. "Too many bubbles" is impossible.

Back
Top Bottom