Small Planted Tank Project - Feedback Welcomed :)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Fishguy856

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Any input and advice would be greatly appreciated from experienced planted tank enthusiasts! 6-6.5 gallon marine land tank, finished cycling a week ago.

Stock -
3 zebra danios
2 Otto cats

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1389384391.348174.jpg

Also -

Starting to use flourish excel daily with today beginning the process, and I also picked up some flourish phosphorous as someone recommended to me, but I am quite unsure of how to does with it, with excel being used daily. Any comments would be greatly appreciated :)

Well i wont dwell on the fact that the chosen fish arnt suited to such a small tank.

With a planted tank, the plants can only grow to the weakest link in the chain. The main parts in the chain being, co2, light and food(ferts). With other things impacting growth also like temperature, oxygen ect. And adding more of one thing without another wont push plant growth much further.
Kool little tank though, if abit on the small side.

Planted tanks come in different grades from low tech to high and inbetween. Mainly Light capabilities, co2 concentration and ferts donate this.

Dont get me wrong adding ferts to a tank with low light without co2 will give benifits when used in moderation but is limited.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Last edited:
Well obviously the fish will outgrow this, as I stated it's just a small project! I have an established 55 that everything will be moved to once they outgrow it :)

Currently it runs 15- .33 White LEDs and 3- .33 Blue LEDs

Back
Top Bottom