Small too medium cichlids!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan24

Aquarium Advice Activist
What are some cichlids that are small too medium that like High Ph ? Can anyone give some ideas , as well is there any that do good in schools of like 10 or more ?

Cichlids don't school. Mbuna stay around 5". Also juli marlieri and Kribs are small. What size tank is it?

There are some African cichlids that do best in large groups, Tropheus, Cyprichromis, and most species of mbuna. Not so much for schooling like tetras or barbs, but to spread the conspecific aggression around enough to keep individual fish from getting beat up too badly or killed, either outright or from stress.

My tanganyikans school and profiles on the internet say they are a schooling fish. My xenotilapia ochrogenys and my enantiopus melanogenys both school and do well in large groups.

My tanganyikans school and profiles on the internet say they are a schooling fish. My xenotilapia ochrogenys and my enantiopus melanogenys both school and do well in large groups.

Those technically are colonies and not schools. Fish in a school follow each other and move as a single unit. Cyps are the closest thing to a schooling cichlid, but are not for beginners nor small tanks

Those technically are colonies and not schools. Fish in a school follow each other and move as a single unit. Cyps are the closest thing to a schooling cichlid, but are not for beginners nor small tanks

That's exactly what mine do. Swim and follow each other back and forth across the tank. They school.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom