Snail Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coyne

Aquarium Advice Addict
I woke up this morning and there are scores of what I assume are snail eggs scattered all about the tank. Can anybody confirm? They were not there last night before I went to sleep... at least not in these numbers.

Attachments

• snail1.jpg
    snail1.jpg
    251.9 KB · Views: 85
  • snail2.jpg
    snail2.jpg
    253 KB · Views: 86
I don't have any "on purpose" snails. Are Nerite snails the type that typically hitchhike into the tank on plants? Because that's what I have.

No, they don't hitch hick on plants, they need brackish water to breed so they will never hatch on freshwater. Possible rams horm, could you get a better pic?

I'll try when I get home to tonight. Might be better to get pics of the snails since the egg type things are very small and difficult to get into focus up close. Thanks.

I keep a couple yoyo loaches in my tank to handle any hitchhiking or newborn snails. Zebra loaches are just as effective, I'm told.

I pretty well have my tank stocked they way I want as far as fish go. I plan on adding a Red Tail shark in 4 or so months and have read that they'll go after snails sometimes. I may try some Assassin snails to try and keep them in check until then.

Well... I got home from work tonight and all but a few of the "eggs" are gone. Maybe the fish ate them? They were all over all four sides of the glass and now I can only see a couple left.

Back
Top Bottom