Snail for Freshwater?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hope I get a male one then. I went in and asked if they had any Nertite snails they didn't know what they were so with your help we educated my local pet store. Now they know what they are. Gonna pick one up next week. They have a tracked snail. Going to get one.

With my nerite eggs (thank heaven only Energizer is female), I just scratch them off as I gravel vac. I can't get them off my decor, but her favorite egg laying decor is a white moon rock cave. It only really shows when I turn the light off and it glows. She goes mostly on the walls, which I can usually get off with the gravel vac. I use a mini one simply because I have sand, so I didn't wanna use the one for a 10 gallon tank and end up sucking up my sand. There are a handful scattered on my plants, but they're at the base of the plant. Yes, the eggs are annoying and slightly a pain, but ONE nerite that's female should not be TOO much of a hassle. Some others may have gotten females that were overly gifted with eggs and dropped them everywhere and so had a bad experience with nerites, but as far as mine goes, it's not horrible. Just one girl, and sometimes scraping the eggs off, and you shouldn't have much trouble. :)

Well that doesn't sound too bad. I will just buy a cheap toothbrush and brush them off any items she lays them on. That's if I do get a female one.

Sometimes with mine, she glues them suckers on so good it's ridiculous. But there's only one small cluster and one line of like five. For the most part, they come off. You just might have a few that are good and stuck. I've seen others say use a razor blade, but I know myself and my fish. Someone would be losing a lip.

Haha well I will end up wrecking my tank if I used a razor. The shop also had a spiked Nerite. Not going near one of those though.

Back
Top Bottom