snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Karenoboe

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have ramshorns and Inca (apple) snails together. (not 100% sure if they're inca snails. The incas are small, some are less small. but 2 of the ramshorns are adults. They were all given to me for free from a petstore. I'm just guessing that they are incas cause of pictures. The ramshorns are definitely ramshorns.

I think one of my snails laid eggs on the shell of another snail.. I'm a new snail owner, so I'm not 100% sure.. Is this bad for the snail? will it die? the eggs are on an adult ramshorn snail's shell.

I'm completely new to snails. I thought they laid their eggs ubove water.

Hi Karenoboe!
I'm pretty sure that it won't effect the snail if another laid eggs on its shell :) so don't worry it won't die. And not all snails lay their eggs above water, ramshorn snails will drops eggs all over your tank glass, plants, driftwood, rocks.... Well just about anywhere and everywhere lol
The apple snails however will lay their eggs above water I believe. I hope this advice helped in any way, I'm not a snail person. I have snails, but they snuck themselves into the party and refuse to leave lol
Oh and of course
~*Welcome to AA*~

Back
Top Bottom