snails? help identify

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well if they are nerite snails. They're not pests at all. They are fairly "expensive"as far as snails go. They really help your tank and don't breed in FW, even if they were to lay eggs they need SW to hatch. I would leave them in there or if you don't want snails just remove them and give them to someone!
Now if you see more snails appear then they aren't Nerites and you'd leave a lettuce in the tank and remove it when full of snails. Repeat to rid of all of them.

At moment theyre not in a position i can snao very easiliy, plus my batterys low. Any suggestiin on ridding my plague?

3 ramshorns are hardly a plague. ramshorns need two to reproduce so take the 3 out that you see and when you see more take them out. eventually they will be gone. ive tried getting my ramshorns to take over and i cant do it. i try to over feed a little and nothing..

Its 3 ramshorn and 5 nerite not of which i chose to add. Like i sed my choice would be to add an assasin but i know thats fround upon on here. I was asking what the general consensus for getting rid of them

In here iv read podts previously about using assasins for the purpose of getting rid if other snsils apeeps dont seem to like it

I think an assassin snail is fine, but he will run out of food soon if you only have a couple of snails. I agree that with so few, just remove them by hand.
Also, nerites need salt water for their eggs to hatch. They can eventually be transfered over to brackish or fw. So, if you have tiny hitch-hikers, it is highly unlike that they are nerites. Pond snails are the same shape as nerites, so they would be more likely. I'm not saying its impossible, but considering you have a fw plant, it is highly unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom