Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for the heads up. Wouldnt the cuttlefish both tropical fish??

CharAsh said:
I tend to add cuttle bone for birds in my tank for apple snails, I just let it sink to the bottom of the tank in back of decorations so I can't see it. I also feed them veggies once in a while that contain calcium.

Will that hurt my tropical fish that they are with?

My first inclination was to recommend yo-yo loaches

I'm curious, how do the loaches eat the snails? I've seen warnings against fish that eat snails for those of us who keep specific snails. I just always wondered how the fish do it?

I tend to add cuttle bone for birds in my tank for apple snails, I just let it sink to the bottom of the tank in back of decorations so I can't see it. I also feed them veggies once in a while that contain calcium.

I have apples and nerites, and I've heard cuttlebone is good for their shells. I think it's also good for shrimp?

Anyway, what does the cuttlebone do for them? I know it has calcium, which helps build their shells, but do they eat it? Or does it leach into the water?

It doesn't dissolve or discolor the water at all, does it? And do you just place the big chunk in the tank or do you break it up for them?

Back
Top Bottom