Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeyb1290

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Is there a way to hit ride of snails I had found some In my tank this afternoon

Freshwater puffers, I've heard, like to eat them.

Why u no like snails? They help out quite a bit. If you take care of them, you can sell the extras. I got mine here on the forum.

I'd suggest loaches or assassin snails. Puffers prefer brackish water and tend to be sensitive. How big is your tank?

I love assassin snails! Not only will they kill all unwanted snails, but they will scavenge the substrate for leftover food, and are just plain cool to watch.

I did the assassin snails, an he's right they are fun, and good cleaners. Now I have no pest snails left in the tank, so I feed them algae wafers. Here's a pic of a few on the hunt!

Attachments

• image-2590714291.jpg
    image-2590714291.jpg
    159 KB · Views: 84
I have a 10g with plants and I'm no wanting them to eat my plants my banana plant has shows signs of them eatting on it

Ten gallons is far too small for most snail eating fishes, but just fine for a couple assassins. The assassin snails won't hurt plants either. While opportunistic scavengers that will eat detritus, they are primarily carnivores that prefer smaller snails over almost any other food.

Do you know what kind they are, bladder snails, rams horns, Malaysian Trumpet Snails (MTS), many snails don't eat the plants unless they are decaying. Holes in leaves can also be nutrient or lighting deficiency.

Here is a pic of one of them

Attachments

• image-2759673871.jpg
    image-2759673871.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 68
Back
Top Bottom