Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Image1482778539.352149.jpg

Updated fts with the addition of innovative marine's gourmet defroster and grazer.
The grazer has yet to be discovered due to it being on the back wall. When it was just a clip I was lazy and it was on the front.
I still have defrosted food in my fridge, but even putting it into the defroster worked well. Putting it above one of the mp40's brought a great distribution of food around the tank. Nothing settled.
The new ro/di unit is mostly hung. Can't find the old faucet adapter for it so it isn't up and running yet.

Things continue to go well in the system.
I just made a nice order off of LA's diver's den. The one purple w/ green polyps is a purple plasma, a gold tip hammer, a neon green acro, and an acro crab. Put in for the day off on Tuesday so I can be there to greet the order at the door.

Hope you don't mind if I post this pic but it is hilarious! I spend a handfull of money to get Macroalgaes for decoration and then just a little to share with the urchin. I see this for a couple days
60074-albums13960-picture68390.jpg

Then I get up in the morning and see 2 or 3 feather leaves of Caulerpa a a small scraggle piece of Grape about 3" long. He ate that all in about 8-12 hours!!! :eek:

Thankfully this guy hasn't picked things up often. It was this and a frag disc with one of my armor of god zoas on it. At least I think that's what they were called, zoas are so Mickey Mouse.

My frags weren't glued down since I was new to tryng to understand which area of light they preferred, so I could move them easily, so he picked up and knocked things off the rocks frequently - pretty much daily :) I loved him, he was one of my favorites!!!

Image1483725681.150876.jpg

Another quick note. I have never had success with these guys. Algae would grow on the skeleton and I'd fight to keep it going with little avail. Found the magic spot for this one. It hasn't ever looked healthier with its inflation.

Image1484016136.670280.jpg

Finally finished. Was such an easy job, but the faucet put up a fight. Years of corrosion kept it in place. Took under 10 minutes to install. Running the 30 gallons out of it before hooking to the di resins.
Only bad chunk, barely at 40 psi. One step at a time I guess. I have water now and I am thankful.
I also put a shelf up for more room for aquarium stuff. The battle officially begins to keep the wife away from it.

View attachment 293086

Finally finished. Was such an easy job, but the faucet put up a fight. Years of corrosion kept it in place. Took under 10 minutes to install. Running the 30 gallons out of it before hooking to the di resins.
Only bad chunk, barely at 40 psi. One step at a time I guess. I have water now and I am thankful.
I also put a shelf up for more room for aquarium stuff. The battle officially begins to keep the wife away from it.

Looks great. Just get 2 basket /containers to fill up the shelf and add your fish stuff in quick. Say that you can't have any contamination in there since it's fish stuff ;).

This is the second go at a gold hammer. The original branching hammer did great until it was overrun by hair algae when that outbreak happened.
So far it looks good after its hour drop acclimation. It was even opened up in the bag. Pretty pleased so far. IMG_0598.JPGIMG_0600.JPG

Here's hoping that he does well. The acros are pretty small and he can't fully hide in them even though he's barely bigger than my thumbnail.
The colors from my iphone really don't do things justice by the time I took the pictures due to the radions heading towards lights out. The purple and green tips is amazing along with how bright lime green the other is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom