Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nu-Nu the eel said:
I thought LA said about 50 gallons MIN? Either way, thats super cool

Oh, I didn't know that. I got the info off someone here a while ago when I was doing a freshy and other people agreed, maybe they were wrong.

No time soon. Though it is always on my mind. I didn't do my pwc today on either tank because the neighbors sprayed their fields. Smelled like poop all day. Glad they held off til after my niece's birthday. It would have been hard to drink all those delicious bloody mary's with the stink!

But, tank news...mandarin still doing well. More active, continuing to adjust. The PJ cardinal is an odd duck. Just floats there and stares at you. Fed the tank and it ate though. Same with the snowflake.

Fresh FTS
img_2076705_0_92805a5eb59d62255792267e89b72bed.jpg

The 2 clowns
img_2076705_1_381be297222c255b2deb6be9dd9e280b.jpg

Snowflake, living in the fallout of what I stirred up in the tank
img_2076705_2_7a9e172e5ea23f9a3207d849b5cadbe1.jpg

Sniperhank said:
Fresh FTS

The 2 clowns

Snowflake, living in the fallout of what I stirred up in the tank

Tank looks sweet Hank. Seriously..i cant believe i have never seen a pic until now. Very impressive sir. I love the snowflake, and love the rockwork. A+

Gboy66 said:
Tank looks sweet Hank. Seriously..i cant believe i have never seen a pic until now. Very impressive sir. I love the snowflake, and love the rockwork. A+

+1!!

I love it, it's making me jealous. I won't be on for a week, I hope everything goes well with your tank and I can read the good news when I get back!

So yours is a bushy duncan just like mine? Mine looks alot like yours (its just not as flowey) lol... How do you frag those?? They dont really branch out...

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Bear is it a flowerpot? Not sure.

And is that a duncan???? If so then WOW! Its crazy! Haha

I was thinking flowerpot!

Hank- how has it been doing? It looks real pretty to me. I want one but heard they are hard.

It isn't doing as well as it was. It used to have a huge spot in my tank because of how far its tentacles reached out. Now it barely reaches around. In terms of difficulty...I haven't done anything special with it. It did all of this on its own. They are supposed to be difficult because they can go from good to dead from a minor scratch in no time. I'd avoid them, but when it was offered to me for 25 bucks I had to try.

So, reefs2go is having a great deal and I've wanted to give zoas a try...25% off free shipping pack...5 sets of zoas...then free shipping on my pods and maybe a couple crabs.

Sniperhank said:
So, reefs2go is having a great deal and I've wanted to give zoas a try...25% off free shipping pack...5 sets of zoas...then free shipping on my pods and maybe a couple crabs.

What zoas are you getting? I've suddenly gotten very interested in them. I want som blue hornets. They are so pretty but come with an ugly price tag.

I got the zoa pack so I had free shipping for my pods...all 4k of them. Then of course I started picking up other little things here and there. Pom pom crab, anemone crab, engineer goby. Sigh. Stupid fish...

But yes, for the most part I have not been able to get into zoas. In the last week, people have been posting some really neat pics of types I have never seen before. So, I'm going to get these zoas started in my 55 reef but will be working on either converting the 36 into a softy tank w/ the snowflake eel or finding another 55 and setting it up for the softies and the snowflake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom