Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Continued maintenance today as I had an extra day off for all the work I did last week. I was able to catch another blurry picture of my betta, but today was more aimed at the powerheads. The smallest was totally clogged with the fast growing brown coraline algae that I have in my tank. Then there was the largest of my 2 powerheads covered in the red algae I've been battling. Got them as cleaned as I could, the stuff is extremely difficult to get off. While I had my arms in my tank, I noticed the webbing of vermited snails again...put a big stop to that by smashing 3 of them. One was obviously an original. Took a picture of it as well...this guy might be album worthy to show to people who have them in the future...so give me a second since photobucket is down.

One Vermetid snail...
48667-albums10088-picture63422.jpg

Things continuing as planned. Manually removing algae from the "dead zones" in the front corners of my tank. Also been removing as much as I can from the rocks coral are on. I literally had an acan lord and my coco worm attached firmly together by algae growth! Either way, I'm still hopeful things are in the right direction. I'm even siphoning the sand in these dead zones to remove any possible decay.

On a side note, I finally have the 36 disassembled, emptied, and hauled onto the porch so I can forget about it again. Man was there a ton of gunk left over in there...no wonder that tank had issues. But that is why I started to siphon those dead spots. Things need to be pristine.

An update that isn't in the 7 day cycle! I have continued working with the algae...I did a larger than normal water change the other day yatta yatta...and today I got around to removing algae from the sump...there is barely any! The battle won! This only leaves the one radion...it started with the power issue again today. Called 12 minutes after closing...aka when I got home from work. Either way, left a message to call me back and took a picture of the serial number so I can do it from work tomorrow when they call during my SCM instructors recert... But, the unit was built Feb 23rd 2012. One year warranty is on my side!

An update that isn't in the 7 day cycle! I have continued working with the algae...I did a larger than normal water change the other day yatta yatta...and today I got around to removing algae from the sump...there is barely any! The battle won! This only leaves the one radion...it started with the power issue again today. Called 12 minutes after closing...aka when I got home from work. Either way, left a message to call me back and took a picture of the serial number so I can do it from work tomorrow when they call during my SCM instructors recert... But, the unit was built Feb 23rd 2012. One year warranty is on my side!

Glad to hear the algae is getting better. Now I just hope Ecotech gives you some good news too!

Good news everyone! I got off the phone with Ecotech. Good people who def worked hard to keep up with me and the fact I've been working straight since the initial email. The radion is still under warranty, like figured, and so the power supply is being replaced. "Well, that's good news Hank" you say? Not only that, they are sending me a brand new Radion to go with it! And this is why I'm happy about going with radions instead of the knock offs or any other brand. New unit will be here Friday.

I was also excited to see a large marine beta when they were bagging up my rock. I can't wait Til mine is that size...he is getting bigger. He'd prob get more to eat if I didn't have the coral beauty...I justify getting rid of that thing all the time...

Still haven't hooked up the new radion. I'm sitting infront of the tank baffled about how the one that is supposed to be bad is working fine ever since Ecotech saying they'd replace it. Not the reason I haven't switched them. The laptop my graph is on is a POS and takes 30 minutes to boot up. Going to utilize the fiancee's laptop to do so, just have to switch that all first.

The red macro is still doing well. The mushrooms are still as small and pitiful as they were when I pulled them out of that awful tank.

Continuing to pull algae out of the tank, but it is so much less than before it is almost like not having to work at all. Still believe if I could get an ATS going on the system I wouldn't be doing this at all...slow but sure process.

Still haven't hooked up the new radion. I'm sitting infront of the tank baffled about how the one that is supposed to be bad is working fine ever since Ecotech saying they'd replace it. Not the reason I haven't switched them. The laptop my graph is on is a POS and takes 30 minutes to boot up. Going to utilize the fiancee's laptop to do so, just have to switch that all first.

The red macro is still doing well. The mushrooms are still as small and pitiful as they were when I pulled them out of that awful tank.

Continuing to pull algae out of the tank, but it is so much less than before it is almost like not having to work at all. Still believe if I could get an ATS going on the system I wouldn't be doing this at all...slow but sure process.

It's like calling the dentist cuz you've got a horrendous toothache but once you actually get to the dentist office it doesn't hurt anymore and you wanna try to slide you *** out the door and make an escape before you really hurt !!!
If memory serves mre right doesn't ecotech have a rather strict return policy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom