Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That chalice looks like a watermelon chalice to me. The stunner doesn't have a different colored rim. I still am wondering about your coral tissue loss. I have never seen that kind of destruction from snail webs.

If the webs are numerous enough sure. I have never seen any issues off of the little snails, but these larger ones that I'm battling cause issues from retraction on soft coral to tissue death on LPS. The thing that gets lost in my hate for these guys is that I have smaller ones that cause no issues where the larger ones with thick webbing just smothers everything. One of the pictures should show the webs overwhelming the trumpet heads.

yeah my zoas seem rather annoyed with these webs, ill crush and super glue some i guess whenever i have time haha, could be something else but thats more likely. thanks sniper! goodluck with your battle

I found one on my pocci which is now dying :/ gonna have to try transfer the crab to a new acro

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Wanted off the symphodium. It had pulled a snail shell into itself forever ago...and now it is using it to frag itself.

Wow, haven't seen that one before. Thats great! Good ol slow growing sympodium. Mine has finally shown signs of growth.

Really business as usual. The addition of the small powerhead to assist with the cyano ended up making the long tentacle move, into an even better spot than before! It now lives in the corner of the tank.
I still hate skimmers. Things were going great, really nice skim going on for a couple of days. Came back to work to it overflowing and all the nice skim back into the water column. Still trying to get it right. Got it to skim some, but now not even bubbles reaching the neck. Either I have the worst luck with these or I'm just doing it completely wrong.

Really business as usual. The addition of the small powerhead to assist with the cyano ended up making the long tentacle move, into an even better spot than before! It now lives in the corner of the tank.
I still hate skimmers. Things were going great, really nice skim going on for a couple of days. Came back to work to it overflowing and all the nice skim back into the water column. Still trying to get it right. Got it to skim some, but now not even bubbles reaching the neck. Either I have the worst luck with these or I'm just doing it completely wrong.

My skimmer acts up every now and again. Sometimes I notice the bubbles not reaching up to the collection cup while other times it fills up often. I think there a several factors that have something to do with this like dissolved waste, how clean the pump in powering the skimmer, how clean the collection cup itself is, dosing certain things, and so on. I would think it would be hard to skim with a skimmer the wrong way, so I'm gonna go with bad luck. :confused: What kind of skimmer are you using out of curiosity?

Yeah, it is up to 15 heads now at least. Haven't counted recently. It started as a 4 head I ordered online. Never really did anything up until I put it where it is now and it has just taken off like a weed. Totally amazing. I actually wish I could move it as it is starting to get in the way of my hand in the tank and don't want to hurt it when scraping coraline off the front glass, which is also taking off.

Yeah, it is up to 15 heads now at least. Haven't counted recently. It started as a 4 head I ordered online. Never really did anything up until I put it where it is now and it has just taken off like a weed. Totally amazing. I actually wish I could move it as it is starting to get in the way of my hand in the tank and don't want to hurt it when scraping coraline off the front glass, which is also taking off.

The growth is good but I know what you mean. I have a frogspawn that is slowly taking over my tank. Already had to move some zoas out of the way because it was stinging them... I need a bigger tank!

I hear that. The eventual upgrade will solve that and it can be isolated by itself. It in a corner in the corner with all the green hairy mushrooms that are doing similar.
In other news, at least 2 of the 5 mangroves are growing roots! That's further than I got last time. I've been spritzing them down daily. More maintenance than the rest of the tank! Lol.
I also discovered that there are new mounting brackets for radions that I want. Can mount on the back or connect to each other and form a bar across the length of the tank. Really cool. I'd love to do that in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I hear that. The eventual upgrade will solve that and it can be isolated by itself. It in a corner in the corner with all the green hairy mushrooms that are doing similar.
In other news, at least 2 of the 5 mangroves are growing roots! That's further than I got last time. I've been spritzing them down daily. More maintenance than the rest of the tank! Lol.
I also discovered that there are new mounting brackets for radions that I want. Can mount on the back or connect to each other and form a bar across the length of the tank. Really cool. I'd love to do that in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Very cool! How tall can those mangroves get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom