Sniperhank's UPGRADED 55 gal Build

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol nice. I really need to do the same with my tank! There's crud everywhere

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Yeah, I still need to drill a hole in the other side so I can get the power supply with the battery backup. That will leave only needing those two hang kits for the Radions and maybe another battery backup way down the road for the Radions, as the 2 vortechs are hooked into the current one.

Ok. I just couldn't help myself. I ended up completing an order from liveaquaria. I will be getting a purple rimmed monti danae, pink millepora, and the real deal guy...green polyp crateriformis acropora.

Nooooo I was about to get that Mille!!!!! I seriously was haha. Well whatever I've got other things I like on there :p

I know right? Freaking diver's den...
In other news, the new pump for my skimmer arrived today. And the air intake doesn't fit. Have an email to the company and they can't figure it out so they are calling Eshopps tomorrow about it.

Really hard to see from the blues reflecting from the tank as they are acclimating. But, Crateriformis acropora at top, purple rimmed danae left, pink millepora right. And let me tell you, the eyes on the crateriformis are amazing...
I called in late to work to accept the package so it didn't sit in the snow. Glad I did, the water was colder than I'd like it to be, but it wasn't anything awful.
Currently setting the Radions to 45% for a 4 week acclimation back up to 60%.

Nice pick ups Hank! I saw them on on Divers Den and was extremely jealous!

Yeah, I'm very happy. Even happier that the 1 degree that it was outside didn't match the temp inside...I brought them up to 65 before having to leave for work. That was awful too, interstate closed down due to an awful accident and finally get through there and run into yet another. 40 minute drive took 2 hours.
Either way, can't wait to get home and see how they are doing as I rushed the acclimation. I have them on a DIY frag rack made out of an unused mag float and egg crate I cut earlier in the day that got zip tied on. Placed it right in front of the tank under my duncans so I get to look at them just by passing by.

They look great hank! The crateformis acro is really stunnig

Yeah, I was thinking about it but only noticed it in between gathering myself up between work shifts. Sure is getting in the way of quality aquarium time. I still might just cut it off anyway. An actual reason to use the frag kit that is somewhere in my stuff.

Still keeping an eye on the bleached part. Don't think it is progressing, but there are other white chunks at the bottom. Considering possibly also putting some super glue over those spots. Might be paranoid about my neat find, but unsure as to why only some of the polyps are coming out, several of the others on the one side are just black holes. Will pay more attention to things on Sunday when I'm on my days off as working and simply feeling under the weather all week isn't helping much get done. Feeling that this is only giving me a snapshot of what is going on as well. Worse comes to worse could always dremel the 'bad' off.

Well, it appears that color is returning to the bleaching areas of my odd little acro. Quite happy about that.
I have also switched from a short pulse to the reef something or other mode...can't remember what they call yellow. As it stands I'm really liking the change. I was really liking it until the smallest powerhead I had hidden behind the rocks to battle the cyano shifted down and blew a huge hole in the sand while I was at work. I never liked that powerhead for that reason. But now it is down to the egg crate, great.
Also, found it very odd that my lawnmower bit me again the other day. I looked at him today, and very skinny. No clue why. Always pecking at algae. Fed yesterday and it ate. Fed again today to make sure I wasn't seeing things, and ate again. Not sure what is up with him, but have an odd feeling though highly active won't be with me much longer. We'll see, but not sure what else I can do. No other fish show any signs of being skinny or any issues.

I had that same thing happen to an algae blenny. He was in that tank I maintain for about 7 years, and was about 5", then finally just got skinnier and skinnier until I never saw him again.

I had a watchman go that way after 6 yrs in the tank. Old age maybe?

Mine is a monster just like yours was Doug...very interesting non-the-less. It would be a sad loss, but I wouldn't be getting bit when I was messing around inside the tank. Always was a bully of a fish that just carried over to me. Maybe if I fix my sandbed it could make room for a jawfish or something down the line.

Well, I finally received the pieces that are supposed to make my pump attach to the air intake on the psk-75. So, of course they don't fit. Sent another email, skimmerless continues.
Other than that, minor cyano in small splotches but the algae growth has slowed in the display. Improvements continue from what I've seen. Not bad for skimmerless.
The bleaching spots on my new acro are totally gone and all colored back up. Very happy about that. Thinking about getting a rock to figure out a way to drill into it for the plug so it can start growing out on it.
The pink milli isn't very pink...or at least the base is green. We'll see what comes of it as well.

Iv drilled into a rock before to grow out an acro frag I use a standard drill not a masonry one because there pretty violent put it on a slow speed and don't put to much pressure down either

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom