snowflake eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dvsfx

Aquarium Advice Activist
do snowflake eels vary in colors? I know the typical colored ones that are white,yellow and black but theres is a tank at my LFS and it is marked snowflake eels and it contains the black yellow and white ones but also has one that is just this fleshy pink color. is this also a snowflake ? or something else?

Maybe a Koke eel?

img_1801867_0_28a354e7ec01bebc0dd168a259d8dfff.jpg

no it didnt really look like this at all, it was purley a pinky biege color unless it changes color later on because this was a juvinille from my understanding , and it didnt have the extended snout or whatever you want to call it , was more rounded in the face.. hmm very curious it looks like an eel i would picture in my mind before knowing all the crazy looking ones i now know exist. And another question that im sure will be up for debate.. are eels able to be kept in a 10gallon? it seems like a hit an miss wherever i do research.. sum say no not at all sum say yes any eel under 15 inches , and I read a post by a studying marine biolagist who stated he had to keep a snowflake in a 10 gallon as part of his class, it was full grown and apparently thrived in his enviorment he established.
So.. would like to hear others thoughts :)

I kept mine in a 10 gall quarantine for a week when I got him and he didn't seem to mind. He seemed to do well with it.

turned out the eel was a white eyed moray after scoping the net i finally came across one, very nice look in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom