so excited, one more step closer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pufferman

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hey all,

I m SOO excited. I just ordered my new 30" Lunar Aqualights from hellolights.com!!! I was just wondering what kind of corals could i keep on my 29 gallon tank. I know i can keep soft corals, but can i keep a BTA or a carpet anemone for my clowns. ITs is 18" in height FYI.

TIA

P-MAN

What's the wattage of your bulbs? I believe carpet anemones require high light. Bubble tips are moderate lighting.

A BTA is a good choice for that lighting. You can also keep several varieties of corals. I would skip the carpet, MH is best for these guys as they typcially dwell on the substrate and CF just won't penetrate to that depth. Plus, carpets can get huge, a 29 is just to small for one. Enjoy your new light! :D

i have a question about the adjustable mounting legs for the aqualight. I ordered a perfecto glass canopy, but because of the mounting legs, i m afraid that they will conflict. How do i deal with this, will i have to cut the glass?

I am not sure if they will get in the way or not, but I would just skip the glass cover. If you go topless, you will get much better light penetration into the tank. Your light-loving animals will thank you for it. It will also promote better gas exchange between your tank and the air and help keep your temp down.

Back
Top Bottom