So glad I found this place!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rbyers84

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello! New here. I'm new to freshwater fish keeping too but I think I am starting to get the hang of things. I'm really glad I found this place because I was getting ready to give up! Just reading the forums last night has taught me so much! :fish2:

Right now my setup is as follows.

29 gallon with a marineland 200 penguin filter. It's stocked with 10 tiger barbs, 5 cory cats (could these guys be any cuter?), 1 neon blue dwarf gourami, and lastly a very shy albino bristlenose pleco. When my fiance brought home the aquarium setup I followed the instructions the petco employee gave us, "use Seachem stability and let it run for a week before adding fish." Now I know that was terrible advice! Anyway, I surprisingly only lost 4 mollies that were replaced with the cory cats. I started with the majority of the fish in the tank and it's been about 4 weeks. I've been doing daily water changes and I learned last night about bio and mechanical media and that charcoal is only for chemical filtration.

I recently setup a 13 gallon in my bedroom. The only things in it currently are driftwood, a large amazon sword plant, and a baby amazon sword plant. I'm trying to cycle this quickly so I can move my dwarf gourami into it. Tiger barbs are little jerks and they are picking on him. I'll be adding 5 harlequin rasbora, and 2 platies to the tank as well.

I'll have to take some pics later :)

Back
Top Bottom