So how many clown/anemone compatability charts are there?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mrpope

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, there is so much contradictory information out there Im just going to ask you guys.
I have a true perc. I have a 30 gal tank with PLENTY of MH light.
What would be a good anemone? I was thinking Entacmaea quadicolor would work, but 50% of the time people say they wont. Im going crazy here.

Part of the reason is that the hosting aspect of the clown/anenome relationship has as much to do with the type of anenome as it does with the clowns willingness to host. You can have a perfect match with the right clown and the right anenome based upon what is found in the wild and unless the clown wants to live in the anenime it wont. Its not like a guarinteed thing.

The book "Clownfishes" is a good reference for not only determining the right clown/anenome pairing but also information on clown behavor, socal structure and breeding.

Lots of people had have success with the BTA. Sometimes it can take 6 months for a clown to take an anemone as an host or sometimes they never will.

It took my juvenile CB true percs 30 seconds to jump into my BTA. I believe a good reason for why my percs took to the BTA so quickly is because at a very young age they were in the grow out tank with several BTA's. BTA's became a thing that the percs recognized as saftey.

Here is some info on anemones http://www.carlosreef.com/AnemoneFAQ.pdf

My wife has 2 captive-bred true percs in her tank. they host in her rose anemone

Back
Top Bottom