So I'm finally starting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
So now that I have a light worth using, when can/should I get corals? I know I'm missing a lot of algae from the rocks yet but that should come in on the plugs right? I also ask because I have a single head duncan in my nano I would like to move before getting others kind of as a test coral.

I like them. Just kinda a cool coral. Pretty hardy in my experience. Need decent light but not TONS. It's moderate.

First corals I transferred them over from my nano

First two are Duncans and the third is a Jason fox zoa I got at a frag swap

Attachments

• image-2018274453.jpg
    image-2018274453.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 74
  • image-2170475164.jpg
    image-2170475164.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 87
  • image-2424627816.jpg
    image-2424627816.jpg
    117.1 KB · Views: 91
Coel said:
First corals I transferred them over from my nano

First two are Duncans and the third is a Jason fox zoa I got at a frag swap

Love love love!

Other than the concern for left over food breaking down, is there any reason to not aggressively feed a Duncan coral? I was planning on 1 mysis feeding every 5 days or so but I read that they will grow more of well fed. Thanks and ill post a video of them feeding soon

Nice, right now I'm just using mysis but I was thinking of getting reef chili from brs or a bit supplement to soak he mysis in

So odd question, since my tank is small I was thinking of buying acrylic and building a hob fuge and dropping my hob filter for just skimmer and fuge. Any recommendations a for what is needed and how to build?

Back
Top Bottom