So it seems

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ryan24

Aquarium Advice Activist
My Male Betta's are both blowing bubble nests even with out a female near them or in sight . I have females housed in a entire different set up . With my males doing so , that means they are in good health and are beginning to be conditioned right ? I'm feeding a variety of crushed flakes , Brine Shrimp , and bloodworms .

I have been removing them everyday when I see them and every time I go back they keep remaking .

Not necessarily. It could mean that they are healthy, but not all healthy bettas will make bubble nests. To condition them, the males have to be placed directly next to the females so they can see them.

From my experience, a bubble nest means that a male betta is trying to attract a female or simply wants to breed

Conditioning is by what you feed them and also soon I will be getting them too see each other , my females are little small so I'm giving them some time to get a not bigger . At what size is it that they become mature as females ?

Back
Top Bottom