So it's been a long while since I was in this hobby

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iheartmyed9

Aquarium Advice Freak
Its probably been around a year or more since I've been here but I walked in petsmart the other day and they were doing the $1 per gallon tank sale, so I got a Fluval Aquaclear 50 filter and 20 gallon long tank, so Fluval owns Aquaclear now huh? I guess I'm cool with that, Fluval still good stuff right? Anyway I got some plant substrate, some Cryptocoryne Undulata plant and let it cycle. That was about a week ago, since then I've started stocking, have 2 bolivian rams and 3 tiger barbs with plans to upgrade the school to 5 anyways it will be a heavily planted tank since it'll get lots of light. Comments or anything welcome, nice to be back in the hobby tho

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Welcome back. Looking forward to watching your 20L come together.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Great to see another person from TN on here. I'm near Knoxville.

That crypt. Undulata is a great plant. I have some in my 10g and it's not hard to please :)

Caleb

Glad to see you back in the hobby , really hard to stay away once you have gotten your feet wet, that dollar per gallon sale doesn't help either; ends August 8th I believe so stock up now.

Coolguy , I see knoxville ; you into sprint cars at all?

Welcome back! Sounds like a good way to get back into it. Glad to hear that your cycle went quick, it's the worst to sit watching an empty tank.

Glad to see you back in the hobby , really hard to stay away once you have gotten your feet wet, that dollar per gallon sale doesn't help either; ends August 8th I believe so stock up now.

Coolguy , I see knoxville ; you into sprint cars at all?

Sounds cool, but this hobby eats all my money right now I can't afford another :D are you near my area?

Caleb

Sounds cool, but this hobby eats all my money right now I can't afford another :D are you near my area?

Caleb

Nope not even close , Connecticut. Just a car guy and always had a love for sprint cars. We race champ karts so thats about as close as I will ever get to a sprint car ; money doesn't fall from the sky here either.
Trying to convince the wife that we need a 55 gallon for a Chiclid tank while they are on sale but right now I think I hit a brick wall, maybe a trip to the mall this weekend will help. Addicting hobby!:lol:

Nope not even close , Connecticut. Just a car guy and always had a love for sprint cars. We race champ karts so thats about as close as I will ever get to a sprint car ; money doesn't fall from the sky here either.
Trying to convince the wife that we need a 55 gallon for a Chiclid tank while they are on sale but right now I think I hit a brick wall, maybe a trip to the mall this weekend will help. Addicting hobby!:lol:

Very addicting! Lol

Caleb

Thanks everyone, ya the aquaclear filter was the best HOB back in the day and Fluval made the best canisters so I wasn't worried about buying it as I knew it'd be good, I'll probably just have this as my build thread

Pretty plain as of now, and sad but the camera isn't that great on this phone.

Attachments

• 1438362399474.jpg
    1438362399474.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 38
Added two more green tiger barbs to my tank bringing the total school up to 5.

Back
Top Bottom