So now I got this tank....what to put in it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smooth_rivers

Aquarium Advice Regular
So now I got this tank...lol.

55 gal w/ about 60lbs LR, 1 coral beauty and 2 perc clowns. 4 peppermint shrimp (cause I got aiptasia BAD, thought I was getting a deal), some snails and hermits. Anyway. Not big on over crowding a tank, but would like recommendations for a couple of more fish.

Right now there are 4 powerheads, a remora pro HOB skimmer, and 2 fluvals providing water flow. Tank parameters are good.

Questions: Does coraline normally grow on the surface of the sand bed?
How often for water changes? Seen some who do it weekly, some monthly. When this was an african tank, I was doing 15-20% a week.

many thanks to all here

s_rivers.jpg

Not big on over crowding a tank, but would like recommendations for a couple of more fish.

Do you have any other bio-filtration? 60lbs might not be enough to fully stock the tank. The DSB will be helpful, but might not be enough.

Does coraline normally grow on the surface of the sand bed?

No, I can see individual grains that have some coraline on them, but it doesn't grow, due to the turning of the sand by critters. You might consider inocculating your DSB with a few cups of LS from a source that has a healthy population of worms and pods.

How often for water changes?

Depends on your system and preferences. For a 55g tank I would probably change 25-30% every month to 6 weeks.

Back
Top Bottom