So, what do you know about eels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My favorite is silver dollars or red hooks, they make a neat silvery shoal.

Here's some I found on google, really cool fish.

Attachments

• image-3266436347.jpg
    image-3266436347.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 45
They start out all silver, then get red dots, then start getting that red/orange look to them.
Mine are starting to get red dots.

I think I'm gonna get two snowflake eels but I'm not sure if they are aggressive.

Snowflakes are saltwater aren't they? And if that'swhat your talking about they will eat any fish they can fit in there mouth

Spiny eels are the only freshwater eels. Snowflakes can live in freshwater for a short time but they will die if not transferred to a salt water tank. There are plenty of eels that are small enough for your tank. Peacock eels get about 18" there is starry night eel which stay smaller than that. Research spiny eels. Any eel will eat any fish it can get in its mouth. so keeping them with small community fish is a good way to lose fish. They are also nocturnal coming rarely in the day and will even hide under sand or gravel. As for the stingray 100 gallons is way to small. When people say 12" for a stingray they mean a 12 inch disc not total length. Cichlids are they way to go. If you ask around the Cichlid discussion plenty of people will help you make the right decisions. They are aggressive but no so much to their own kind. Aggression is not something to make you turn away from a fish. Your going to have unique problems here and there no matter what you decide, but it's nothing to be afraid of.

Back
Top Bottom