Soap in wc bucket.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sssea

Aquarium Advice Freak
My roommate put laundry detergent in my water change bucket. Is there anyway to get it all out and ensure it won't harm my fish or should I just scrap it and get a replacement?

Sssea said:
My roommate put laundry detergent in my water change bucket. Is there anyway to get it all out and ensure it won't harm my fish or should I just scrap it and get a replacement?

Just to be safe, don't use it. There's really no way to get it all out. Your talking a $10 bucket or hundreds (I assume) on fish.

While I'm sure extensive enough rinsing will eventually get rid of any residue, I agree with the previous posts and it's safer to just get a new bucket.

Sssea said:
That's what I was figuring. My roommate is such an idiot :/

Look at it this way, at least she didn't put the detergent in the tank!!

My friends roommate had a party two months ago. The roommates buddies poured beer into my friends Oscar tank. Killed both of them.

There's definitely worse roommate stories ;)

WHAT. I hope it was an accident and those drunk idiots werent trying to get the fish drunk.

They were seeing if the fish would get drunk. Cool right??!?

Very lame..

We're talking about a 150g tank with two full grown 15" Oscar's too..

Hi you could thoroughly rinse the bucket,but as already said a new bucket would be the safest bet:).Also MARK your bucket clearly stating its only to be used for your water changes {this is what i done after accidently using my bucket for washing the car:facepalm:}
Also what a sad story about the oscars:(

Back
Top Bottom