Social media, youtube, etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aiken Drum

Site Team
So, i posted this a few days ago.

Going a bit off topic here, but to add to the escaped wildlife and one that Colin might be interested in being an aussie.

We have a population of wild wallabies here in Derbyshire, UK. Escaped from a small local zoo a few decades back. I think there is also a population of wallabies in Scotland too. Ive also heard rumours of wild capybara too in Derbyshire escaped from the same zoo, and there are certainly big cats because ive seen those.

Ever since this post ive been getting recommendations for capybara related content on all sorts of social media. This is the latest.

Mn2UegO.jpeg

Im a self confessed technophobe. People that understand these things, is everything i do online really that interlinked? Such that posting a single word on a forum can be picked up on other social media platforms and used to target me? Ive never really noticed anything like this before, and i find it quite insidious.

I get targetted a lot with aquarium stuff and lego for instance on youtube, but that's because i look at those kind of videos on youtube.

Yes, indeed. All I have to do is say "vacation", "Stiffel Lamps", "roofing". Look at furniture, let's say a couch and then there are ads for those things, everywhere!!!
Phone, laptop - IG, Etsy, YouTube, here on AA, scrolling on my Google feed.

I don’t even think you have to type it. You just say stuff near your phone and it will be the next ad thrown at you on Facebook

Back
Top Bottom