Soft Water

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

monaro_gto

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hey guys, I have posted in here before regarding nervous platy's etc. I bought an API GH/KH test kit and here is what I found.

10g Fry tank
Artificial plants, red gravel substrate 50w heater and the stock Top Fin 10 filtrer. Tank has been running for over 3 months.
GH and KH 2. Ammo and trites 0 trates 20. PH 7.0 - 7.2

29g Tank
Mix of artificial and real plants, petco black sand substrate, 2 pieces of driftwood and several pieces of flagstone. 2 AC50 filters and a 150w heater. Over 3 months old.
KH 1 and GH 2 0 ammo 0 trites 20ppm trates PH7.0

40g Breeder
Live plants only, 2 pieces of driftwood etc. Canister filter with 200w inline heater, black diamond blasting sand substrate. Tank 2 weeks new and still cycling.
KH3 GH2 ammo 4 0 trates and trites PH of 7.4

So is my water just too soft? At least for platy's? Can I dose Seachem Equilibrium to boost GH during a water change? Thanks in advance for the help.

According to this tpt thread, yes. Platies too delicate?

I think you could dose equilibrium but not a full dose. On another forum someone said they have kept platys easily in a kh of 4, so if you just get it up to around there they will be fine, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom