solenoid turned 180*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fort384

Dividing by 0
Site Team
I finally got my co2 manifold in today. It was kind of a pain to get hooked up, every connection had small leaks (I checked with soapy water and a paint brush). Half a roll of teflon tape and some serious elbow grease, and I got everything to seal up tight.

However, because of the number of threads required to get the manifold to seal up with the solenoid , I had to turn the solenoid 180 degrees to get the bubble counters to be straight up and down. Is this going to present any problems? Any of the mechanical components of the solenoid require gravity to function properly? Pic attached for reference...

Attachments

• IMG_0234.jpg
    IMG_0234.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 38
Depends on the brand I would think. I've seen solenoid valves that were gravity-shut, and others that were spring shut. It's even possible to make them both open and shut electrically, although that wouldn't be what you have there. Plug it in and unplug it and see if it turns on and off. It should be just that easy to check.

I ops checked it several times already -- seems ok. I just want to make sure it is not going to cause premature wear or anything. I am guessing it is spring loaded based on the sound it makes when it turns on and off.

I don't think there's any reason for the orientation to increase wear.

Back
Top Bottom