Some Crypt Questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

phoenixkiller

Aquarium Advice Addict
Ok, here's my plan: I am going to get rid of (relocate) the current plants in my ten gallon and turn it into a crypt tank (With my RCS, of course)! So I have a few questions about them. I've Googled all I could, but you can't get an answer about a whole bunch of crypts... until you post here. Here's the Crypts I want:
C. Wendtii (whatever color I find)
C. Undulata
C. Keei
C. Huroroi
C. Spiralis
C. Affinis
C. Lutea

1. How many would fit in a ten gallon with only a little Java Moss?
2. Is there any here that wouldn't do too well in a ten gallon?
3. None of them are a handful (Hard to keep), are they?

Thank you!!

As far as I know all crypts are extremely easy to keep. I dont know about the size though. I have crypt wendtii and it is great. You could have probably 10 that size in the 10 gallon.

Start with easy Crypts
C wendtii
C lucens

See how they do for you. Don't spend money on expensive Crypts till you learn more about them.

A 10g is small for Crypts. Mine are taking off so I'll need to move some or sell some.

C balansae grows well for me also.

C. Spiralis

Is especially slow growing but a beautiful plant. It is very suseptipal to algae problems because it grows so slowly.

Wendii is probably the easiest to grow and not as slow growing as most crypts. It spreads nicely if you are patient. One of my favorite plants hands down. It can tolerate a lot of algae and roots regrow well if the leafs happen to melt - and it takes a lot of abuse to melt these bad boys.

Undulata is also pretty but very slow growing.

Oh... sorry I didn't give ya'll an update, but I want to get only a few crypts and a bunch of other lower light plants. Here's the list:
Cabomba
Anubias Nana
Anubias Coffeefolia
Dwarf Sag
Blyxa Japonica
Cryptocoryne Wendtii
Cryptocoryne Hurdoroi

As far as I know, these can withstand a higher pH (8.0).

Oh... sorry I didn't give ya'll an update, but I want to get only a few crypts and a bunch of other lower light plants. Here's the list:
Cabomba
Anubias Nana
Anubias Coffeefolia
Dwarf Sag
Blyxa Japonica
Cryptocoryne Wendtii
Cryptocoryne Hurdoroi

As far as I know, these can withstand a higher pH (8.0).

IME, cabomba kinda looks kinda 'nasty' under low light.

Back
Top Bottom