Some of our Dive Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

neilanh

Sliced Bread
It's been quite a few years since I've been able to go diving. I'm getting the itch to do it again though.

Several years ago, I was quite active. My father and I would make 6 or 7 weekend trips a year going diving at various places. My father has been a photographer for years, so naturally it didn't take us long to get into underwater video and photography.

Dad went and compiled a little video compilation of our dives and narrated it himself. Feel free to have a look if you're interested.

Video is about 368M and runs for close to 40 minutes. Enjoy! and let us know what you think.

Doug's Dive Video

Last edited:
Wow, looks great so far. Does everyone have to go through those training sessions in order to go diving? About how much do they cost?

It varies a bit from area to area. We were planning a trip to the Keys to do some fishing when we decided to get certified so we could dive while we were there, so we took an accelerated course. Did the whole thing in a week (usually takes a month I think of 1 night per week classes) and I think it cost us around $350 for the basic cert. The Basic certification is all you need for most places, and allows you do dive to 60ft. The advanced course is another $150-200 or so and lets you go down to 100ft.

Doesn't seem too bad for getting a cert. Cheaper than college lol. Do you have to pay for all the diving equipment for the actual trip?

Looks like the ocean is having some cyano problems. Looks like its time for a pwc lol.
Wow, that was amazing especially the part you came out of the coral cave. How long was you able to stay under water with that equipment?

Last edited:
The length of time you can stay under water depends on the depth, your last dive and it's depth. If you stay at 1 atmosphere (30 feet and above) you can dive all day...assuming you don't run out of air.
If you plan on multiple dives, you kinda have to plan them out in advanced.

Thank you very much! I need to go back down to Cozumel and go diving now!

Back
Top Bottom