Some Pictures of my new tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elliott_001

Aquarium Advice Freak
I started cycling in december, so far i have three zebra loach, 4 oto's, 1 rainbow shark, and 2 dwarf gourami's. I planted some plants at the start, but today i have added a load more. I may have over done it a bit, have to see how it goes, but im pretty pleased with it. The pictures are not great.

Attachments

• dsc07664.jpg
    dsc07664.jpg
    150 KB · Views: 351
  • dsc07665.jpg
    dsc07665.jpg
    141.4 KB · Views: 142
  • dsc07666.jpg
    dsc07666.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 181
I love it, I think the tank looks great.
Is it a Jewel Tank?

Well Done, 8) I would love to see updates in the future.

Thanks a lot steven! yeah it is a jewel tank, i was lucky enough to be given it!

I like it a lot :), Any updates on tank, Oh and what kind of substrate r u using? sand?

Thanks, yeah im using black sand, i like the way it goes with the rocks, and contrasts with the plants. Ive added a few more small plants, i'll try and get a photo. Im looking forward to adding a rubber pleco in the next the few days!

Here are a few more pictures of my tank, there is some green algae on the glass, but im pretty sure my new bulldog pleco will have a good go at it! (i just added him today, he's hiding in a cave, so you can't see him in the pics).

Attachments

• dsc07798.jpg
    dsc07798.jpg
    152.6 KB · Views: 117
  • dsc07802.jpg
    dsc07802.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 95
  • dsc07843.jpg
    dsc07843.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 102
very nice! i love the zebra loaches. and i really like how you created those terraces with slate--very zen rock garden.

I think this is about 1 month after my last pictures. Its getting a bit over grown now, so these are some pictures before i do some pruning. I let everything just grow wild, there are some plants that are floating, sending roots downwards, which i didnt remove, my gouramis like floating plants! The other day i pruned the top off of the ?temple plant? in the middle of the tank, it was touching the light bulb!

I have loads of roots growing out of the sand for some reason!

I have ordered some java moss, so i will be adding that sometime this week, hopefully it will do well, i think it does well in any conditions?!

Well anyway, here are the pictures.....

Attachments

• dsc07972_631.jpg
    dsc07972_631.jpg
    149.1 KB · Views: 66
  • dsc07987_114.jpg
    dsc07987_114.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 53
Very nice! What plants do you have in there? What kind of lighting? I also have a 30gal long that I'm about plant. Plants are sitting in one of my 10g tanks til the weekend....

Back
Top Bottom