Some questions about outdoor pond and having fishes in it

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Temp

Aquarium Advice Regular
1. Not considering any water parameters, when fish are in a pond with not-so-murky water (still visibly clear in some areas of the pond), are they okay with it? (Just worrying about fish sucking in mud particles.)

2. In a newly-stocked outdoor pond aquarium, with newly-stocked fish, how long do they start eating fish food flakes at the surface? I have heard the circumstances for an outdoor aquarium is quite different than an indoor aquarium.

3. In places where water resources are scarce or the water bills are more expensive than anything you've ever imagined, like my location, is it better to leave the pond as it is, or to do some water changes per some time, just like indoor aquariums?

4. What should you do if the fish in the pond do not react, or doesn't show any signs of activity, movement, or swimming, whether you're walking nearby or feeding food flakes to them?

I would give them time to adjust to a new place.
My friend had a smaller pond that came with her house. The first time I saw it, it was so full of algae and gunk, you could barely see the fish. I helped her clean it, get a pump and filter, ect. It looks a thousand times better now. Those fish had lived like that for who knows how long. They were fine, and surprisingly big.

The amount of algae/poor visibility in the water will not hurt the fish at all. You have to take in consideration the waste the will create and any good amount of fish will require a UV clarifier and more frequent filter cleans.

Back
Top Bottom