Some updated pics

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Malawi Freak

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I've been waiting a good deal of time since I dealt with that disease in my tank and I'm about to start ordering more fish. This time ill be doing mostly ps. elongatus and cynotilapia. For now I've redone some aquascaping to start preparing for the transition. Removed all my java fern cause I had enough of cleaning out small leaves stuck in the filters. For the last month I've been working with my amazon sword and really letting runners take over. While the plants looks kinda small its only because I did a major trimming of every single leaf that looked frayed and rotten. Pulled off over 100 leaves. Hopefully in the next month they really take off and fill this out nicely. The small section of the plant next to the filter intake is the main root system for all of them, I loaded it all with root tabs. One of my ob peacocks has really colored up nicely since the disease as well, hopefully he doesn't mind the soon to be roommates but I know that's wishful thinking.

Attachments

• image-1530711453.jpg
    image-1530711453.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 130
  • image-3071812140.jpg
    image-3071812140.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 127
  • image-1602822750.jpg
    image-1602822750.jpg
    231 KB · Views: 115
  • image-3099921542.jpg
    image-3099921542.jpg
    256 KB · Views: 123
  • image-3076022856.jpg
    image-3076022856.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 132
  • image-3879881899.jpg
    image-3879881899.jpg
    235.9 KB · Views: 131
I'm excited for my tank. I've been talking with several vendors and as soon as I find someone that has exactly what I want we will be back to the normal overstocked Malawi freak we know and love.

SEE! This is what I've been talking about. It's all of you that are to blame for me pulling my hair out trying to get my tanks to look like yours! Lol! All kidding aside..I can't wait to see all the new guys you get!

SEE! This is what I've been talking about. It's all of you that are to blame for me pulling my hair out trying to get my tanks to look like yours! Lol! All kidding aside..I can't wait to see all the new guys you get!

Yea... Yea.... Blame it on us... Sure Mel....

Thanks everyone. I bought some new bulbs today for my light since they haven't been changed in over a year so lets hope they help make these plants grow faster. The suspense is killing me.

Here's my best attempt of a full shot of the tank. So hard taking good pics of a 6' tank.

Attachments

• image-1517205273.jpg
    image-1517205273.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 86
Once I get the fish in the tank I will definitely put up a video. Couple more months, not taking any chances this time and ill be keeping all new fish in a QT.

Just more fish and plants, I've moved my rocks around a lot to make them individual sections unlike last time since all the dominant males fought for it as one piece of real estate. Plus it's easier to clean like this too.

Once I get the fish in the tank I will definitely put up a video. Couple more months, not taking any chances this time and ill be keeping all new fish in a QT.

Just more fish and plants, I've moved my rocks around a lot to make them individual sections unlike last time since all the dominant males fought for it as one piece of real estate. Plus it's easier to clean like this too.

Good to know! I had mine somewhat spread out like yours but just this week came to my own conclusion that it wasn't enough rock and made a big pile in my tank. (I posted before and after pics somewhere) Fish are small now so no aggression issues yet but I guess time will tell if I did a good or bad thing! Plus ill prob get tired of it in two weeks and spend 3 hrs feasts gong during a water change!

Good to know! I had mine somewhat spread out like yours but just this week came to my own conclusion that it wasn't enough rock and made a big pile in my tank. (I posted before and after pics somewhere) Fish are small now so no aggression issues yet but I guess time will tell if I did a good or bad thing! Plus ill prob get tired of it in two weeks and spend 3 hrs feasts gong during a water change!

No idea what "feasts gong" means . Was supposed to say rearranging! Lol

Back
Top Bottom