someone help me

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dscannapieco

Aquarium Advice Newbie
hello everyone I need help with this because i'm reading all kinda things. I have a 220 gallon salt water tank. My tank become ill with ich and all my fish just died. the only thing in my tank is star fish, snails and live rock with mushrooms on it. Can someone tell me how to clean my tank now. I was reading and it said drain the tank out clean it with eaither bleech or vinger then take the sand boil it and the live rock. can some one help me on what to do because i really don't wanna drain the whole thing out and wait a month for the cycle. Please help

If all of the fish are dead just leave the tank fallow for a month. Ich can't survive without fish and doesn't live on inverts. Just make sure your inverts are fed and keep moving on.

How old was the tank? How about the fish? Anything happen before the crash?

Actually atleast 6 weeks. I would personally wait 8 weeks just to be sure. Ick can't survive without a host, so it will starve and die.

dscannapieco said:
hello everyone I need help with this because i'm reading all kinda things. I have a 220 gallon salt water tank. My tank become ill with ich and all my fish just died. the only thing in my tank is star fish, snails and live rock with mushrooms on it. Can someone tell me how to clean my tank now. I was reading and it said drain the tank out clean it with eaither bleech or vinger then take the sand boil it and the live rock. can some one help me on what to do because i really don't wanna drain the whole thing out and wait a month for the cycle. Please help

I know that you are new to the site but please refrain from multiple threads for the same question. You've been given the same advise in your other thread. Allow the ich to die off is your only option unless your up for treating which as stated in both threads will effect all inverts, corals, and live rock.

Back
Top Bottom