someone please help my betta :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hi again everyone...

i hate to say it but our betta has gotten worse :(

i was speaking with my girlfriend last night while at work and at about 4:30pm i asked how the betta was and she said his back fin was looking a little better. however when i arrived home i noticed he's gone from having 1 "tear" to having 4 in the space of an hour :( and when she woke up this morning shes saying that there is now a chuck missing from his back fin and actual barbs are missing as well. i've never heard of fin rot this aggresive. considering what i've said in this post, would people recommend medicating him with something? just to point out we have a snail as well so we'd need medication that doesnt affect snails.

i'm really worried its something serious. when we changed his tank (from 19l to 35l) we got the decorations and found any sharp bits and sanded them down so he wouldnt catch on them. the filter box is smooth, heater doesnt have anything on it, bubble stone may have helped tear them but to tear them so much in such little time seems a but unreal, the driftwood doesnt appear to have any sharp edges on but i could be wrong there may very well be some bits on it that he could get caught on but i was very careful when checking it.

also to point out, aside from his fins being ripped up, he is otherwise acting fine! has a big appetite, swims around happily, if i open the tank he comes straight to the top to see whats happening, he doesnt seem to be itching or anything either...

Back
Top Bottom