Something on my Clownfish's eye

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

b-towndoc

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a maroon clownfish that has been doing quite well over the last 6 months or so. It is behaving normally but over the last 3 days I have found it to have something attached to its right eye. It looks to me like a type of flatworm attached to the bottom edge of his right eye. No other markings on the fish, no pop-eye or anything like that. It appears to be triangular and is attached to what would be the fish eye sclera.

Water parameters are normal with 0 ammonia/nitrite/10 nitrate, salinity 1.025 with refractometer, stable temperature at 79. All of my other fish are doing fine along with coral banded shrimp as well.

The only thing I have changed is I bought two frags of coral the last few weeks (one sps and one small zoa rock). No new fish over the last 4 months or so. Top off with RO/DI water and do weekly 7% water changes.

Any ideas? I am guessing a flatworm at this point but searching the internet has so far yielded nada. I am also wondering what to use as treatment? I have tried catching the fish, but so far have been unable over the last few days.

Thanks for your help

Attachments

• PA.jpg
    PA.jpg
    212.6 KB · Views: 105
  • lateral.jpg
    lateral.jpg
    214.9 KB · Views: 120
any ideas? It is on his right eye on the forward facing view and sticks out about 1mm. the rest of his eye appears normal.

Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom