Somewhat new 72 Gal Bowfront.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tazman282

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new to saltwater and have a few questions.

How imporatant are water changes if I have a good skimmer and the levels are where they should be?

How much would it help to add calcium supplements to increase the speed the good algae spreads?

I recently added a flame angel and now my clowns stay on different sides of the tank higher in the water column rather then together like before?

How long to wait till I add some sort of anenome and what kind is hearty and colorful?

Attachments

• ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    ForumRunnerImage.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 43
Any thoughts on this? The question with the clowns is why the seperation now?

Water changes are always a good idea. There are tons of supplements in your salt mix that will get consumed, so replenishing them is a good thing. As long as you're doing regular water changes, you won't need to add any supplements.

Hi there. Welcome to the forum. :)

You shouldnt have to add any supplements if you are using a decent salt mix.
I'd still recommend weekly pwc's even with a skimmer. Least thats what i do.
I would wait at least 9 months for an anemone. I bought one too early myself and I brought it back after a month or so. They require a stable perfect water enviroment and excellent lighting.

As far as the clown, I really have no idea. Sorry.

Water changes are very important. They removes nitrates and replenish trace elements. Do a 20% water change every two weeks. If you do that you wont need to add calcium. I cant help with the anemone, but i have heard the bubble tip anemone is a good one for clownfish. Try to get one that is captive bred

Thanks for all the info, so far so good with the tank but will definitely add in the water changes every few weeks. I will check out the bubble tips as well.

its good to do weekly PWC for the first lets say 6 months till the the bacteria in the rocks and sand has fully established itself

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom